Qualified Super Squad Rotation Format – 2023 US Open
• “Qualified Super Squad Shooters” will be assigned to the same rotation and same course
• Strict criteria for qualification must be followed for selection:
• Super Squad Rotation is 8 a.m. start time on Friday ending with 1 p.m. on Sunday
Criteria to make “Qualified Super Squad Course Rotation” (for both Men and Ladies):
• Top 3 shooters & 3rd place ties from each of the prior year Regional Championships Main Events Open & Lady
• Top 3 shooters & 3rd place ties from the past five (5) NSCA US Open Main Events Open & Lady
• Top 15 shooters & 15th place ties from prior two (2) years National Championship Main Event Open & Lady Entries
• All-American Open & Lady 1st and 2nd teams from prior year’s points race
• World English Sporting Clays and World FITASC Champions from the past five (5) years Open & Lady
• National Sporting Clays Champions from the past 10 years Open & Lady
• Fairness with weather / wind conditions
• Self-policing of scoring / enhanced integrity
• Increased excitement / Audience / Marketing Opportunities / Video Opportunity
• Stay within maximum rotation squad of 80 shooters which is easily attainable
• Number of shooters will be based solely on the criteria
• Participants who did not qualify to be members of the Super Squad Rotation are still eligible to win the Main Event regardless of their rotation.
• To be eligible for awards, punches, points, and money in class or concurrent, those who qualified for the Super Squad Rotation must shoot this rotation. If he or she chooses not to, their score will not be listed, and they will not receive any recognition, awards, or money.
• There is a risk that all the Super Squad shooters get the worst conditions, as they are all on the same rotation. This is an unavoidable risk.
• Super Squads will be made up of 4 random draw shooters per squad.
• The remaining spot on each squad will be auctioned off with proceeds being split between an increased prize purse, and for the USA Sporting Clays Teams.
• On the last day of the US Open all Super Squad shooters will be re-squadded from lowest to highest and the top 12 shooters from the Super Squads will be re-squadded into three 4-Shooter Super Squads.
• The shooters who win the auction spots on all squads will also be randomly re-squadded with new squads for that final day.